Shelf Updates, Most Anticipated, & Book News

Can you believe 2015's almost a quarter done already? Time flies like books off a shelf! And, speaking of books and shelves, here's what's been on my shelf so far this year.



FIRST LORD'S FURY - Wrapped up Butcher's CODEX ALERA series. Fantastic!

MARK OF ATHENA & HOUSE OF HADES - These characters are so much fun to read. They always leave me cheering, and I can't wait to finish the series with BLOOD OF OLYMPUS.

THIS SHATTERED WORLD - The sequel to THESE BROKEN STARS. See my full review at Fantasy Faction.

ICED - A continuation of my fave Karen Marie Moning series. I was lukewarm on this one.

SNOW LIKE ASHES - This was a gift read and another lukewarm one for me.

THE MAZE RUNNER - It fell at the perfect time to feel like a fresh voice compared to what I'd been reading lately, so I enjoyed it!

THE LIES OF LOCKE LAMORA - A friend has been bugging me to read this for years. I owe him. It's amazing! Like, read-in-one-sitting-and-go-buy-the-sequel-the-next-day amazing!

Books I'm Still Looking Forward to in 2015

LION HEART (May 19) - The final chapter in AC Gaughen's Robin Hood trilogy. Can. Not. Wait!!










THE AERONAUT'S WINDLASS (Sept. 29) - Jim Butcher does steampunk! I love all his other stuff, so I'm very excited to see what he does with new characters and a new world in his CINDER SPIRES debut.




Other Book Happenings

If you haven't been following the Fantasy Fandom March Madness Battle Royale, check it out here

My pal, Nick Wilford from Scattergun Scribblings, just unveiled the cover for his up-and-coming collection A CHANGE OF MIND AND OTHER STORIES. 

And, in case you were partying too hard on St. Paddy's to notice Mark Koopmans found a publisher for his Donald Braswell  memoir (Woo!!), go congratulate him here. I reviewed an early draft and enjoyed it, and I'm so happy and excited for Mark!

Have fun and good luck to everyone doing the A-to-Z Challenge in a few days.

3 comments:

  1. Loved seeing your stack of books. I was eying Snow Like Ashes but since you didn't love it, I might reconsider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. April is almost upon us - it's going to be crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just reread THE MAZE RUNNER and thought it was a fun, fast-paced read! I've heard a lot about SNOW LIKE ASHES, but haven't read it myself yet.

    ReplyDelete