Lake of Ozarks - Cliff Diving & Paddleboards


Some of my favorite recent memories with friends have been at Lake of the Ozarks. For those who haven't heard of it, Lake of the Ozarks is a string of lakes that formed by backing up a local river in Missouri.

The lake is so long that you track your location by the mile markers along the shore. Which also means, it has just about every water sport and lakeside attraction you could imagine somewhere along its banks.

In short, it's the perfect summer get-away!

Last year, we went cliff jumping. You know that split second after you jump and before you hit the water...yeah, it feels a LOT longer than a second. It was exhilarating!

My friend also took me night-paddleboarding in one of the inlets. It took us a while to get balanced because we were laughing so hard - that's what summer fun is made of!

11 comments:

  1. This sounds fun. I would love to try cliff jumping some time.
    Thanks for sharing!

    Sania at Embracing Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cliff diving? See yah! *Disappears* Glad you like it. Paddle-boarding sounds okay at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous. Haven't been on vacation for 2 years. Sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been there a couple of times. Really beautiful country! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why would anyone jump from a perfectly good cliff?? :)

    Sounds like you had a great time, though.

    Left and Write

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't see a snake? I think that alone would keep me out of the water. And agree with Mark about jumping off a perfectly good cliff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought a little flat-bottom boat I intend to take fishing. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have nominated you for a Liebster blog award. Congratulations on this honor! Please visit my blog for all of the details.
    @JLenniDorner

    Not as thrilling as cliff diving, but hopefully still good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds fun! Doubt I'd be brave enough to do cliff diving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My co-worker was a cliff diver. He broke his neck about 18 years ago and is now quadriplegic. Still, he says he loved doing it up to that point.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that does sound fun but I don't know if I'd ever be brave enough to cliff dive - maybe when I'm 80. :) hee hee

    ReplyDelete