On-Page or On-Screen


Thought we’d have some fun today! Madeleine over at Scribble and Edit is hosting a Novel Films blogfest. The idea is to list all works of fiction for which you’ve seen the movies AND read the books.

My list is below, and I’ve ranked whether I liked the book or the movie better. Hope you enjoy it – and share some of your own favorite book/movie combinations.
 
  • Harry Potter (Both – although the 3rd book is far better than the 3rd movie!)
  • Narnia (Movie)
  • Eragon (Book…oh good grief, NOT the movie)
  • LOTR (Movie)
  • Jumper (Book)
  • Bridge to Terabithia (Book, though the movie was great too)
  • City of Ember (Movie)
  • Percy Jackson (Book)
  • Twilight (Book)
  • Sahara (Both)
  • The Far Pavilions (Book. This was a TV Miniseries, but PLEASE someone make this into a movie. It would be amazingly epic!)
  • Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey (Book)
  • Stardust (Movie)
  • Romeo and Juliet (Book)
  • Much Ado About Nothing (Both)
  • Emma (Book)
  • Pride & Prejudice (Movie)
  • To Kill a Mockingbird (Book)
  • Where the Red Fern Grows (Book)
  • War of the Worlds (Book)
  • Wicked (Musical)
  • Disney movies (I think I've read all the books that accompany the classics, but generally I like the movies better!)

I’m sure there are more, but I can’t remember them at the moment...

2 comments:

  1. Impressive list! At first I thought, "Hmm, there haven't been many books to movies that I've seen." But after reading this list and thinking about it, there are quite a few. I agree with many that you listed, LOTR (movie) and To Kill A Mockingbird (book) are two that stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's fun to thinkn about all the stories that have made it to the big screen!

    ReplyDelete