|Oooooh, what am I gonna do?!|
- That our query alone among hundreds is the one that the email system has somehow mysteriously failed to deliver and it is now lost to the ether forever
- To email or not to email that agent who was supposed to receive the perhaps-vanished-forever query
- To email or not email an agent who’s a day late in his or her estimated response times
- That some readers might mistakenly pronounce a word we MADE UP
- The fact that, technically speaking, the title of this post should be Silly Things Over Which Writers Panic
- Amazon rankings. Did anyone buy our book in the last hour…minute…second?!?! WHY NOT? REFRESH!!
- Reviews…any, all, number, substance, you name it
- That we've run out of a) chocolate, b) coffee, c) tea, d) [fill in the blank!]
- Did that last edit save? Let’s save again, to be sure. Oh my gosh, we might lose EVERYTHING!! We did save it, didn’t we? Okay, just once more.
- That another book (movie, TV show, one-woman play) in a totally different genre (format, universe) used the SAME NAME as our character’s cat (horse, best friend). Clearly, it must be changed THIS INSTANT!
- What if someone misinterprets our meaning in line 3 of the fourth paragraph on page 315?! (Seriously, these are the ones that keep me up at night!)
- Any combination of: We’ll be perceived as writing on trend. We ARE writing on trend. We missed the trend!
- That people will call our work dreck.
- That people won’t say that last one out loud, but they’ll be thinking it.
- That no one, anywhere, will ever want to read our words.
STOP. Scroll back up to the title of this post. Read it.
Now quit being silly and get back to writing, because I want to see ALL your stories some day!
© Editorial | Dreamstime Stock Photos