Onscreen Authors We Love: Rick Castle

Nathan Fillion. Need I say more?

Castle is an absolutely fabulous show for many reasons, and its own writers are definitely folks to be admired. What makes it doubly fun is the number of ways Castle’s authorly expertise comes into play.

He finds inspiration in the strangest places. He uses research sources to help his cop partner Kate Beckett (Played by the amazing Stana Katic) get information.

He has literally helped the NYPD solve crimes by using the phrase: That’s not how I would write it.

Plus, he has an awesome writing space, and the show did a very cool promo where they actually published "Castle's" book Heat Wave and stocked it in major bookstores.

Richard Castle is one of the most nuanced writers on TV and every week it’s like a little boost of encouragement, inspiration and motivation to keep writing.

Also, season finale anyone? It is going to be a long, hot summer for Castle and Beckett!

8 comments:

  1. There are actually a couple of "Richard Castle" novels in bookstores. My wife loves the show, and I've enjoyed the few episodes I've seen. Certainly an interesting premise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the books, but I just think it's such a neat promotional idea!

      Delete
  2. Rick Castle is my favorite part of that show. Even if every time I see Nathan Fillion, I'm sad about Firefly all over again.

    And yeah, you're right about the season finale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome show! No more needs to be said after Fillion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Castle! I just started watching it this season (I wanted to watch it all along, but there was something else on - can't remember what now). I got season 1 from the library week before last, and now I'm waiting for season 2 so I can get all caught up. I love it so much I can't believe I didn't watch it all along. I really want his office...and his apartment...and ok, just him lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the show!! I just wish they would finally end it, ya know? :)

    Nathan Fillion is the best!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Castle (the character) is what totally sold me on Castle (the show). I'm not into police shows, but who can resist Nathan Fillion? I defy anyone to resist Nathan Fillion!

    ReplyDelete