Don’t get me wrong, I love my computer, but sometimes I desperately need to get off the grid. Yet, we all know how important it is to put ourselves out there, to network, meet new people and make connections…constantly.
So, why can’t we do both? Here are some fun ways to unplug AND still work on advancing our writing careers.
- Check out the author readings or events at your local bookstores
- Find an Indie store in your neighborhood and stop by to introduce yourself to the owner
- Explore the class offerings at a nearby writing studio
- Go to the library – read, visit, volunteer!
- Find a coffee shop and write by hand for a few hours
- Tutor a child in reading or writing
- Start a book club (or stop by your friend’s for the week)
- Meet up with another local author to chat and commiserate
- Seek your next source of inspiration
Ready, set, go! No, really. Go. We’ll still be here when you get back.