|Flowers weren't the only things |
keeping busy last month.
April was crazy! What was I doing besides playing alphabet games on the blog, you ask?
- You might have noticed the new "follow" button on the right. Yup, I finally joined the Twitter world. Would love to tweet with all of you!
- I went to the Madison Writers' Conference: saw Jane Friedman, Nathan Bransford and Jacquelyn Mitchard, among others; attended some great workshop sessions--Laura Biagi's opening pages session was fantastic; met new writing pals and listened to keynote Michael Perry next to this guy. (Steven's life story and words are seriously inspirational, guys! Check it out. And he's got a great laugh, which we heard a lot, because Michael Perry is hilarious.)
- Launched a third book for the day job
- Joined another crit group with lots of talented writers.
- Celebrated with two of my original crit pals who self-published their novels--Mary Ann penned To Know Her, a poignant contemporary about a tragic accident that asks, How well can we ever really know those we love?, and Mark kicked off his druidic fantasy saga with Realm of Druids. Hats off, guys!
Those are the highlights from me. How about you? What have you been up to lately?