Story Songs - Y: You Songs

 

Okay, I have - have to! - return to Meatloaf for at least one of my Y songs today. Not only are the lyrics of "You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth" as beautiful and epic as usual for him, the song's intro alone earns it a place in the Story Song listing.

[Boy:] On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?
[Girl:] Will he offer me his mouth?
[Boy:] Yes.
[Girl:] Will he offer me his teeth?
[Boy:] Yes.
[Girl:] Will he offer me his jaws?
[Boy:] Yes.
[Girl:] Will he offer me his hunger?
[Boy:] Yes.
[Girl:] Again, will he offer me his hunger?
[Boy:] Yes!
[Girl:]And will he starve without me?
[Boy:] Yes!
[Girl:] And does he love me?
[Boy:] Yes.
[Girl:] Yes.
[Boy:] On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?
[Girl:] Yes.
[Boy:] I bet you say that to all the boys!

Meatloaf - You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth



And now, striking a more poignant note, I also give you Trace Adkins "You're Going to Miss This." Yes, it's another sad country song, but if this isn't the straight-up story of life, I don't know what is.

Trace Adkins - You're Going to Miss This


3 comments:

  1. Last I saw Meatloaf, he was coaching Little League baseball...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry these songs are not familiar to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meatloaf . . . definitely a storyteller!

    I love "You're Going to Miss This" because it makes me wistful for when my kids were little. The time really does fly!

    ReplyDelete