I'm taking part in the awesomeness of the "Back from the Future" blogfest today! It's hosted by Suze, Mary and Nicki. Here's the set-up.
You're up before dawn on a Saturday when the doorbell rings. You haven't brewed your coffee so you wonder if you imagined the sound. Plonking the half-filled carafe in the sink, you go to the front door and cautiously swing it open. No one there. As you cast your eyes to the ground, you see a parcel addressed to you ... from you.
You scoop it up and haul it inside, sensing something legitimate despite the extreme oddness of the situation. Carefully, you pry it open. Inside is a shoebox -- sent from ten years in the future -- and it's filled with items you have sent yourself.
What's in it?
- Definitely a letter. I'm a words girl, so I'd want to get all that advice and encouragement down on paper.
- A mix of my favorite yet-to-be released songs.
- A list of the books that need to make my TBR list over the years.
- Something cute to indicate my future family life - a baby shoe or something along those lines.
- Possibly the cover jacket of my first published book...but I'm torn on this...would I want to know?
- If they've invented a device that transfers thoughts directly onto paper, I'd definitely send that back, too.
- A giant Post-it with big red lettering that says: Stop worrying. It'll be okay. You'll get here.