Build Me A Blog-hop




I'm participating in this great blog hop from David Powers King, who's celebrating more than 800 followers on his awesome blog! He's partying by giving away the creation of a blog banner, image or avatar. All we have to do is provide a 200 word description.

Here we go:

Imagine a book. An ancient well-loved tome, with a worn leather cover, lying open on its spine, pages facing up, open for all to see. From the center crease of those pages, a warm glow of greenish purple-blue rises. The glow of imagination. And, in an arc from that center, all kinds of fantastic adventures await - icons of a ship, a dragon, a galaxy, maybe even a sword or wizard. Each one waiting to whisk you off to another world through writing or reading.

Okay, that's a bit of writerly flourish but I'd love to be able to work an image similar to this into my blog banner. I think it'd be a great fit for the blog's name, too. The idea that written words can take you anywhere.

Thanks a million to David and to the talented designers behind the prize!!

And if you missed the 12 Days of Querying yesterday, it's here.

12 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing! And I like the writerly flourish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo, the images i could conjure! love it! what an inviting site it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a very interesting theme. GO FOR IT!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Words are magic, and you've captured this magic in your description quite well. Good luck in the contest and cool to find your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that description, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds completely awesome! A banner like that would surely bring that sci fi/fantasy flare to your blog. Thanks for participating and best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read all the entries, but this one was awesome. So far its absolutely my fave. I hope you win so I get a chance to see this made into a reality!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful design! What an image.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
  9. You may want to check out my blog today. ;)

    ReplyDelete