Who Wills, Can

I'm off to the northwoods to clear my brain and breathe deep for a couple days. In the meantime, enjoy a few words from one of my favorite authors. Sometimes, it takes so little to say so much.

Resource: Let's Get Digital, by David Gaughran

This is an excellent recap of everything you need to know about the self-publishing frontier, plus some fabulous examples of how other authors have succeeded. Hats off to David for putting it all together!




Inspiration: Anne McCaffrey, Dragonflight


Who wills, can.

Who tries, does.

Who loves, lives.

 
Oh, and if anyone's checking in from the "I Miss You" blogfest, I'm nominating the late, great Miss Snark. The blog's been dark for several years, but man, that lady could dish out the writerly wisdom!

 

16 comments:

  1. thanks for the recommendation! i will go visit miss snark...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about Miss Snark, I didn't realise she was dormant.

    And great quote! Simple and true. Enjoy your time out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Snark was awesome. I think she's still around under her real name, though (if the rumors are right about her being Janet Reid). But, yeah, nothing beat those hilarious smackdowns of hers on clueless writers. :))

    And great quote! Enjoy your time off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my sneaking suspicions about that being her secret ID, too. ;)

      Delete
  4. Sorry she's been gone so long. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds great - enjoy the woods! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, I just started following a Miss Snark blog. Maybe she just changed her address. It's all about good writerly advice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah, Miss Snark!! God rest her soul!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, she was awesome. But I love the Miss Snark's first victim site too! Glad that one is still very active.

    The dragon is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I am jealous~ Yes, she always brought it!
    enJOY nature! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard of Miss Snark, but I didn't realize she'd stopped blogging in 2007.

    Love the dragon picture you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my. Any mention of Miss Snark deserves a man genuflecting on bended knee. *this man genuflects*

    I'm serious. She was the first agent to make agent/writer blogging a thing. And she also spawned Authoress, at Miss Snark's First Victim, who does the greatest service the writing blogosphere has ever known.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nicole .. enjoy your time away and break to rejuvinate yourself .. Miss Snark obviously instilled much blog-love during her active life .. perhaps she'll come back properly as JR Miss Snark or something .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have fun on your break! And I love the dragon. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the book recommendation. I just downloaded it. Hope you've had a great weekend getaway! :)

    ReplyDelete