H – Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling; Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Book 1)Loved: Neither of these series need much introduction. I absolutely loved the characters and the worlds in both of them. Okay, Katniss occasionally often annoyed me. But I don’t think anyone can argue that these books pull you in and don’t let go!






The Hunger GamesLearned: Both HP and HG are fantastic examples of friendship. Yes, there’s romance between some of the characters, but loyalty and friendship are really what drives both of these series, and I love that! I think friendship can sometimes be a deeper, more powerful relationship force than love. I continually refer to these books for examples of how friends joke together, fight and make up, and ultimately come through for each other in the clutch.


14 comments:

  1. Haven't read Hunger Games yet, but I LOVE Harry Potter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um. ~sheepish~ Haven't read Harry Potter yet, but I LOVE The Hunger Games! :D

      Delete
  2. I really need to read the Hunger Games... I really need more time for reading... really!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too! I think we need to institue a weekly "read day" where that's all we have to do.

      Delete
  3. Hunger games didn't pull me in. Idk why. I struggled to read the first one, and I think it's cause I couldn't get over the idea that the only way she held suspense was to see which kid would die next. That just got to me fast. :/

    I'm reading HP now...I know, I know!!! I can't read stuff when it's popular. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...I have a couple series like that, where I'm way behind the trend.

      Delete
  4. I am loving these A-Z posts, wish I had known about this sooner. Its great that you are including what you have learned from the books. Books are an awesome learn-from-example tool, and source of inspiration. Some of the ones I havn't read before, and now I'm interested to check out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love sharing about books and what I've learned from 'em. So glad you're enjoying it.

      Delete
  5. These would be my top two picks for "H" books too... and also Holes, by Louis Sachar, another great example of a friendship book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A part of me hopes that I never find a series I love as much as Harry Potter just so it can stay number one...I think it deserves it. I loved the first two Hunger Games, but rather disappointed with Mockingjay. I've wanted to read Battle Royale for a while now to compare. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to your HP love! I feel the same way.

      And, sadly, I also agree about Mockingjay.

      Delete
  7. I really need to read The Hunger Games ... either before or after the movie...

    J.C. Martin
    A to Z Blogger

    ReplyDelete