Blog Tag and Random Questions
You’re it! I’ve been tagged by Laura over at Stranger Than Writing, so I get to answer a bunch of fun questions for you guys.
1. Which book are you currently reading? And why did you choose that book?
I’m re-reading Linnea Sinclair’s Shades of Dark because it’s a great source of inspiration for my current WIP. Plus, it’s just an awesome sci-fi romance!
2. Have you ever bought a book just for the cover? And if so which one?
Oh yes! I bought Sherwood Smith’s Inda and The Fox (two books) based on their covers. Same with Brandon Sanderson’s Mistborn – absolutely gorgeous cover! I also buy pretty much any book with a Michael Whelan cover on principle.
3. Which book-to-film/TV show transition did you think was done the best?L
OTR hands down! I’m usually disappointed with seeing my beloved books on film – but this one (actually all three) rocked my socks off.
4. If you are a writer, where does your inspiration come from?
All over! Dreams, conversations, songs, moments…taking out the trash. I think inspiration can come from anywhere.
5. Your fictional boyfriend/girlfriend?
Besides any of the male MCs in my own books? Because they all qualify for sure! There are so many to choose from…but I think I’d have to go with either Mat or Perrin from WOT or Alan from Sarah Rees Brennan’s Demon series.
6. Which author do you own the most books by (if that makes sense)?
Right now, it’s Robert Jordan at a whopping 14, but he might soon be tied with Jim Butcher once I order the rest of the Dresden Files.
7. Graphic novels - yay or nay?
Hmm, to the stories I’d say yay! But I’ve never gotten into the format, so I guess that gets a nay.
8. How many books do you own?
You’re really going to make me count? Hold on. Stand by…170 that I can count on my shelves here. That doesn’t include what’s left at my parents', which would put us easily into the 200 range.
9. Do you own an e-readery device? And if so, do you still buy physical copies of books?
Nope, don't own one – I like my paper!
10. What is your favourite genre of book?
11. Favourite snack food?
I’ll munch on pretty much anything.
That's all for now, folks!